Internal, open access

What we spend and how we spend it

Financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, procurement, contracts and financial audit.

Funding /income

Information on the sources of funding and income, such as Funding Council grants, tuition fees, endowment, rents and investment income (including investment strategy).

The main sources of funding and income for the University of Reading are:

  • Funding Council grants
  • Tuition fees and education contracts
  • Research grants and contracts
  • Endowment, rents and investment income

The University Accounts for the appropriate year give the actual amounts from each of these sources. 

Budgetary and account information

Annual Statement of Accounts and other information to allow the public to see where the money is being spent, where it is or has been planned to spend it and the difference between one and the other. This includes revenue budgets and budgets for capital expenditure.


Financial audit reports

The University Accounts for the appropriate year give the Financial audit reports .


Capital programme

Information on major plans for capital expenditure and investment including any public private partnership contracts.

Financial regulations and procedures


Staff pay and grading structures


 Register of suppliers

  • The electronic tendering website gives the names of the suppliers of all contracts of £30K upwards and anyone who registers (free of charge) can view current suppliers.


Procurement and tender procedures and reports

Details of procedures used for the acquisition of goods and services. Contracts currently available for public tender and reports of successful tenders.



Details of contracts of sufficient size to have gone through a formal tendering process.

  • The electronic tendering website gives all contracts of £30K upwards and anyone who registers (free of charge) can view current contracts


Research funding

Information about Government, Research Councils, European, international and industrial funding for research together with information about the management of research accounts.

Things to do now

Contact IMPS

Report an

Find out if you need to do a DPIA here:

Page navigation


Search Form

A-Z lists