The Environmental Information Regulations (EIRs) 2004 allow the public access to information held by the University of Reading that relates to the environment.
The environmental information for the University of Reading is given below, arranged as follows:
- Guide to environmental information gives links to the appropriate sections of the University's website where environmental information is detailed. The links are grouped under headings that are presented in alphabetical order. Much of the environmental information about the University can be found on the Clean and Green pages.
- Films lists the University's films that deal with environmental information
- Research gives links to Schools in the University where environmentally-related research is carried out. It also gives a link to publications produced by the University, which include research publications and blogs concerning environmental information.
This environmental information is reviewed and updated on a regular basis as required by the EIRs. Some environmental information held by the University is not included because of its implications for health and safety or security. If you wish to have access to other environmental information that is not in the Guide to environmental information or if you wish to make a request for information under the EIRs please read the section How to request information.
Press releases from the University often include environmental information. Recent press releases can be found using the following links:
- University of Reading in the news 2014
- University of Reading in the news 2013
- University of Reading News from 2012
- University of Reading Press Releases 2011
- University of Reading Press Releases 2010
- University of Reading Press Releases 2009
Minutes for committees that discuss environmental issues can be found on the appropriate pages, as follows:
- The University of Reading and the environment
- Environmental Policy (PDF-452KB)
- Environment and sustainability Annual Report (PDF-2.28MB)
- Environmental sustainability strategy 2012-2017 (PDF-1.56MB)
- Other environmental policies and documents
- Clean and Green pages
- Natural Environment - Grounds Department
- Environmental Management System
Health and safety
Recycling and waste management
Climate change films
Research within the University of Reading is described in Research and, in particular, the environment and sustainability aspects of research are addressed in the section Climate and environmental sciences. The University produces a research magazine Research Review, published twice a year, which highlights some of the current research taking place at Reading. Some environmental research is also discussed in the University's online debating area, 'The Forum'.
Publications produced by the University, which include publications about environmental research, can be search for and accessed via our institutional repository, CentAUR, which is a digital archive of peer reviewed and equivalent quality research outputs of the University produced by University researchers.These research outputs include journal articles, conference proceedings, books and book chapters, reports, datasets and published patents. The repository records published and in press items and will be updated continuously. It includes research publications concerning environmental research. It is accessible via the public internet for searching, free of charge. Where copyright permits, the full texts or the equivalent multimedia formats are included. Single copies are freely downloadable by the public, for personal research or study, for educational and not for profit use. Full details are given on the CentAUR website.
Environmental research is carried out in a number of Schools within the university; links to the appropriate schools are listed below: