Register to attend a ceremony
The winter graduation ceremonies for 2014 will take place on:
Thursday 11 December
Friday 12 December
Some ceremony moves have had to be made. Please view the ceremony list below or visit our Graduation News page.
Email invitations have now been sent to students expected to graduate in December. Please check and update your contact details on the RISISweb portal.
How to register
Staff who wish to process at one or more ceremonies must register and hire their academic dress, free of charge, on the Ede and Ravenscroft online system, Enet:
To log in, please your work email address and the generic password. Once logged in, you can change your password to keep your information secure.
Please note: If you have processed at previous ceremonies, you should log on to Enet using the password your created before.
A step-by-step guide is available below.
Enet- step-by-step guide
An illustrative guide is also available: Enet- Step-by-step guide (pdf 503KB).
1) To log in: Please enter your Reading/Henley/CEM email address. 2) The default password is 1234567.
2) If you have previously used the Enet system before and previously changed your password, please use that.
3) If you have not used Enet before, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Staff Robe Hire' so that an account can be created for you. Once this has been done, you will receive an email with instructions to follow. Click on the link to reset your password. Change your password then click log in.
When you log in for the first time, there are Ede & Ravenscroft Terms and conditions that you must Accept in order to proceed.
4) Click on 'My Account'.
Please either enter or check your personal details. When entering details ensure to click 'Update'.
5) Click on 'Gown Details'.
Please either enter or check these details. When entering details ensure to click 'Update'.
For staff who have their own gowns please tick 'I have my own Attire'.
6) To register to attend:
- Click on 'My attendance & hire'.
- Here, your gown hire requirements will be displayed at the top.
- Below will be the ceremonies that you will be eligible to attend. Please check the Ceremony List (attached) for scheduled ceremonies for specific department/ programmes.
- Tick the box for the ceremony/ies you wish to attend.
- Click 'Save changes'.
- This screen acts as a confirmation page also. If you wanted to check or change your registration details, you may do so on this page.
Please note: you will not receive any email confirmation. The Graduation Office will be in touch in June with a final confirmation. An email will be sent by Ede and Ravenscroft to confirm your robe hire details 14 days before the ceremony.
You can also request a complimentary lunch ticket by contacting the Graduation Office Graduation@reading.ac.uk.
On the day
The Graduation Ceremonies are held in the Great Hall on the London Road campus.
If you are travelling by car, please park on the Whiteknights campus and use the free coach service to London Road. When you arrive at London Road, please report to the staff procession marshals in Building 40 at least 20 minutes before the start of your ceremony.
If you have asked us to hire academic dress for you, your robes will be available to collect in Building 40 on the day. You should return your robes to the same location after the ceremony.
Staff procession marshals will assemble you into procession order and will lead you into the Great Hall and onto the stage, where you will take a seat for the duration of the ceremony.
There will be tea and coffee available all day in Building 40. For those who have asked for a complimentary lunch ticket, you will be able to exchange your ticket in the refreshment marquee on the lawns between 11.30am and 3pm.