Teaching and Learning Enhancement Priorities
Over the period 2008-2013 the University of Reading has a clear Corporate Plan (CP) and a comprehensive learning and teaching strategy, covering all aspects of learning and teaching. However, the University has prioritised which of these areas it would like to focus its enhancement on in the first part of the planning period (i.e. 2009-2011). This gives priority to 18 areas for enhancement which have been drawn out of learning and teaching strategy.
The University Board of Teaching and Learning (UBTL) have recently reviewed these enhancement areas to cover the last two years of the planning period 2011-2013.
Click here to view the Teaching and Learning Enhancement Priorities 2011-2013.
The Teaching and Learning Enhancement Priorities 2013-15 are in the process of being finalised but they are expected to consist of the following;
Engage students in research and enquiry:
- Expand opportunities for students to engage in research in the curriculum
- Broaden research conference/publication opportunities for students
- Raise the public profile of student research
- Engage students in the curriculum and pedagogic development
Develop highly employable graduates:
- Embed and develop placement opportunities
- Increase engagement with co-curricular activities to enhance personal and professional development
- Increase students' awareness of skills gained and their ability to articulate these skills
- Increase interaction with alumni, schools, community and business
Evolve our approaches to teaching and learning:
- Develop Technology Enhanced Learning
- Develop our expertise in distance/blended and flexible learning
- Expand the use of new modes of teaching
- Increase the impact of assessment and feedback on learning