How to Apply

Applying through UCAS

Applications may be made through UCAS, or directly to the International Foundation Programme at the University of Reading. You should only apply through one route.Blogging

If you apply through UCAS you must follow the UCAS procedures and use the following UCAS course codes for the University of Reading:

January start - Q3N1

July start (IFLP) - NQ13

September start - N1Q3

Applying directly

If you apply directly to the International Foundation Programme you must:

Complete the application form below electronically before printing and signing:

1. The IFP Application form contains guidance notes which tell you how to complete your application and what documents to send. We will only accept original documents or photocopies which have been certified as authentic copies of the originals by the British Council or other recognised body. Applications which do not include all of the required items cannot be processed..

2. Send your application form and documents directly to:
IFP Admissions
Miller Building
University of Reading
United Kingdom
or scan and send via email to

Tel. +44 (0)118 378 8372

Fax. +44 (0)118 378 5427

If you have difficulty in opening or printing the form then contact us and we will send a form to your address by post.


You may need to apply for a visa before you come to study at Reading. For more information on visas please visit the government webpages ( If you need help with your application we have an immigration advice team who will be happy to help. They can be contacted via

You can also access our list of Frequently Asked Questions at FAQS for answers to general immigration queries.

You are strongly advised to apply for your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) and apply for your visa in good time. You can apply for a visa up to 3 months in advance of your intended date of travel to the UK.

Things to do now

Find us on

Contact us

International Foundation Programme Admissions

Page navigation

See also

  • Studying at Reading
  • Life at Reading
  • About the University


Search Form

A-Z lists