Staff Profile:Dr Steve Musson
- Dr Steven Musson
- Job Title:
- Associate Professor in Economic Geography
- Dr Musson is on study leave in Autumn term 2013
- School Director of Teaching and Learning, December 2013 to September 2016
- Areas of Interest:
Steve is an economic geographer with research interests in urban environments. His research has an empirical focus, using wide-ranging data sources including large government datasets, financial information and qualitative case studies.
Current projects include:
- The local politics of austerity in UK local government
- Public-private partnerships
Steve often comments on these subjects and has wide experience of local and national radio, television, online and print media. For further details, please see Steve's personal web page or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Steve is keen to discuss proposals for postgraduate research in the study of the following topics:
- The political economy of urban environments
- Public sector finance
- The economic geography of government and urban sustainability (in particular in the United Kingdom and Western Europe).
For further information please contact: email@example.com
- Research groups / Centres:
- Human Environments Research Group
YNumber of items: 6.
- Musson, S. (2007) The rise of the English regions? Journal of Economic Geography, 7 (3). pp. 333-335. ISSN 1468-2702 doi: 10.1093/jeg/lbm004
- Musson, S., John, P. and Tickell, A. (2006) Campaigning and the media: the north east referendum of 2004. In: Sandford, M. (ed.) The Northern Veto. Manchester University Press, Manchester, pp. 75-102.
- Musson, S., John, P. and Tickell, A. (2006) Government, governance and decentralisation. In: Tewdwr-Jones, M. and Allmendinger, P. (eds.) Territory, Identity and Space: Spatial Governance in a Fragmented Nation. Routledge, London.
- Musson, S., Tickell, A. and John, P. (2005) Governing the mega-region: governance and networks across London and south east England. New Political Economy, 10 (1). pp. 91-106. ISSN 1356-3467 doi: 10.1080/13563460500031271
- Musson, S. (2005) How powerful are mega-regions? The case of London and the south east of England. Pouvoirs Locaux, 65 (Juin 2005).
- Musson, S., Tickell, A. and John, P. (2005) A decade of decentralisation? Assessing the role of the government offices for the English regions. Environment and Planning A, 37 (8). pp. 1395-1412. ISSN 0308-518X doi: 10.1068/a36253
- BA, PhD (Manchester)