Staff Profile:Dr Steve Musson
- Dr Steven Musson
- Job Title:
- Lecturer in Political and Economic Geography
- Chair of Masters Board of Studies
- Chair of the Ethics Committee
- Undergraduate teaching: Human Geography Fieldclass; Regional Science Fieldclass; Economic Geography; Urban Governance.
- Masters teaching: Urban Governance and Planning.
- Areas of Interest:
- Devolution and constitutional change in the United Kingdom
- Urban and regional governance
- The geography of public finance
Steve researches; devolution, local governance and economic development. Current projects include networks of regional governance and the geography of public sector spending.
Steve is keen to discuss proposals for postgraduate research in the study of the following topics:
- The political economy of urban environments
- Public sector finance
- The economic geography of government and urban sustainability (in particular in the United Kingdom and Western Europe).
For further information please contact: email@example.com
- Research groups / Centres:
- Human Environments Research Group
YNumber of items: 6.
- Musson, S. (2007) The rise of the English regions? Journal of Economic Geography, 7 (3). pp. 333-335. ISSN 1468-2702 doi: 10.1093/jeg/lbm004
- Musson, S., John, P. and Tickell, A. (2006) Campaigning and the media: the north east referendum of 2004. In: Sandford, M. (ed.) The Northern Veto. Manchester University Press, Manchester, pp. 75-102.
- Musson, S., John, P. and Tickell, A. (2006) Government, governance and decentralisation. In: Tewdwr-Jones, M. and Allmendinger, P. (eds.) Territory, Identity and Space: Spatial Governance in a Fragmented Nation. Routledge, London.
- Musson, S., Tickell, A. and John, P. (2005) Governing the mega-region: governance and networks across London and south east England. New Political Economy, 10 (1). pp. 91-106. ISSN 1356-3467 doi: 10.1080/13563460500031271
- Musson, S. (2005) How powerful are mega-regions? The case of London and the south east of England. Pouvoirs Locaux, 65 (Juin 2005).
- Musson, S., Tickell, A. and John, P. (2005) A decade of decentralisation? Assessing the role of the government offices for the English regions. Environment and Planning A, 37 (8). pp. 1395-1412. ISSN 0308-518X doi: 10.1068/a36253
- BA, PhD (Manchester)