Staff Profile:Dr Giuseppe Feola
- Dr Giuseppe Feola
- Job Title:
- Lecturer in Environment & Development
- Programme Director MSc by Research in Human Geography
- Erasmus and Study Abroad coordinator
- Library Representative for Geography and Environmental Science
- Areas of Interest:
Giuseppe is interested in understanding the dynamics of change in coupled human and natural systems and to explore the social and social-ecological change required for a transition towards sustainability. His research is interdisciplinary and combines theoretical advancement and practical application. Giuseppe has got a particular, but not exclusive, interest in the Andean region in Latin America.
His areas of interest include:
- The dynamics of coupled socio-cultural and environmental change
- Grassroots innovations for sustainability
- Understanding the behaviour of social actors in coupled human-environmental systems
- Sustainability assessment
- Research groups / Centres:
Current PhD supervision:
- Dennis Mailu - Resilience and urban ecology in Nairobi Kenya (first supervisor Emily Boyd)
Giuseppe is pleased to discuss potential applications from prospective PhD students in his areas of interest.
Giuseppe is an environmental social scientist working on issues related to environmental change; sustainable development; resilience, transition and transformation towards sustainability.
He has a Laurea in Sociology (2002) from the University of Milan-Bicocca, a MSc in Environmental Economics and Management (2003) from Bocconi University in Milan, and a PhD in Geography (2010) from the University of Zurich.
He was appointed Lecturer in Environment and Development at the University of Reading in 2011. Before that, he worked as a postdoc at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research and at the University of Zurich. He was awarded the CHANS Fellowship in 2012 for his "promising contribution to the field of Coupled Human and Natural Systems" (CHANS). He is a member of the Board of Latin America Programme (LATINAMERIKA) at the Research Council of Norway, and of the Board of the European Farming System Association (IFSA). Giuseppe is a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society with the Institute of British Geographers, a member of the International Society of Ecological Economics, and a reviewer for several journals including Human Ecology, Ecology and Society, World Development, and Environmental Impact Assessment Review.
- The geography of grassroots innovation for sustainability
- Adaptation between resilience and transformation: A Colombian case study
Recently completed research projects
For more information on Giuseppe's research, teaching & publications, please see his Personal Webpage.
Welcome to CentAUR - CentAUR
CentAUR: Central Archive at the University of Reading
Welcome to CentAUR
- Due to scheduled maintenance, CentAUR will be unavailable from 17:00 Thursday 19th January - 13:00 Friday 20th January.
- We apologise for disruption to the service.
- Our institutional repository, CentAUR, is a searchable electronic archive showcasing our recent research publications and outputs. Members of the public can access bibliographic details and many refereed full text versions free of charge, for personal research or study, in accordance with our End User Agreement.
CentAUR supports OAI 2.0 with a base URL of http://centaur.reading.ac.uk/cgi/oai2
- BSc Sociology (Milan-Bicocca), MSc Environmental Economics and Management (Milan Bocconi), PhD Geography (Zurich)