Food Law News - UK - 2004
FSA News Item, 1 November 2004
RECALL - Ready meals with wrong use-by dates recalled
Five chilled ready-to-cook meals made for supermarket chain Waitrose have been recalled by the manufacturer after they were found to display the wrong use-by dates.
The product recall by London-based Bighams Ltd covers:
- Keepers Choice Pheasant Breasts with Pears & Creamy Perry Sauce 430g, Pheasant Casserole with Apple, Cider & Dijon Mustard Sauce 670g, 2 Pheasant Breasts Stuffed with Cropwell Bishop Stilton & Leek In Bacon with Redcurrant & Port Sauce 404g
- Steam Atlantic Cod with Vegetable Ribbons, New Potatoes & a Creamy Vermouth & Vanilla Sauce 390g, Mascarpone Chicken with a Creamy Basil & Pesto Sauce, Black Olives & Fresh Penne 390g, Haddock & Gruyere Mash with Carrots, Leeks & a Roast Garlic & Chive Butter 390g, Pesto Salmon with a Green Pesto Sauce, Broccoli Florettes & Fresh Penne 390g
- Waitrose Easy... Salmon & Haddock Fishcakes with Lemon & Dill Sauce 373g, Parma Ham Wrapped Chicken Breasts with Goat's Cheese 474g, Mini Chicken Breast Fillets with a Wild Mushroom & Madeira Cream Sauce 380g, Leek & Stilton Pocketed Chicken Breasts 368g, Lime & Coriander Chicken 336g
- Waitrose Food Explorers Sticky Chicken Fingers 200g, Meatballs & Pasta 300g
- Waitrose Perfectly Balanced Mango & Lime Kebabs 360g, 10 Aberdeen Angus Meatballs 480g, Caribbean Chicken 480g, Parma Ham Chicken Wraps 395g, Tarragon Chicken 480g, Lemon Chicken 390g
If you have any of the affected products, which should be eaten by 1 November, take them to a local Waitrose branch for a full refund. The Food Standards Agency has issued a 'Food Alert: For Information'.
Food Alerts are the FSA's way of letting local authorities and consumers know about problems associated with food and, in some cases, providing details of specific action to be taken.
They were previously known as Food Hazard Warnings and were issued under four categories (A, B, C and D). Under the new system, which took effect on 25 October 2004 , they are issued under two categories:
- Food Alerts: For Action (replacing A, B and C)
- Food Alerts: For Information (replacing Category D)
To go to main Foodlaw-Reading
Index page, click here.