Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 1998
8-12 June: 1998 COMMITTEE - Fish and Fishery Products (23rd Session)
Codex Committee on Fish and Fishery Products (23rd Session)
The summary and conclusions of the 23rd Session of the Codex Committee on Fish and Fishery Products are as follows:
Bergen, Norway, 8-12 June 1998
Matters for adoption by the Commission:
- agreed to advance to Step 8 the Draft Guidelines for the Sensory Evaluation of Fish and Shellfish in Laboratories (para. 34, Appendix II)
- agreed to advance to Step 5 of the Accelerated Procedure the Proposed Draft Amendment to the Standard for Canned Sardines and Sardine-Type Products (inclusion of an additional species: Clupea bentincki) (para. 22, Appendix III)
Other matters of interest to the Commission:
- agreed to return to Step 6 the Draft Standard for Dried Salted Anchovies (para. 76, Appendix IV) and the Draft Standard for Crackers from Marine and Freshwater Fish, Crustacean and Molluscan Shellfish (para. 85, Appendix V);
- agreed to return to Step 3 the Proposed Draft Standard for Salted Herring and Salted Sprats (para. 93, Appendix VII)
- greed to return to Step 3 the Proposed Draft Code of Practice for Fish and Fishery Products, which would incorporate all current codes of practice and the new codes under development (frozen surimi and aquaculture) (para. 65, Appendix VI)
- decided to proceed with the drafting of a model certificate for fish and fishery products (para. 101)
- decided to proceed with the elaboration of standards for molluscan shellfish and smoked fish (paras. 94-96)
To go to current FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex Food Law News page, click here.
To go to main Food Law Index page, click here.