Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 1998
21-25 September 1998: COMMITTEE - Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses (21st Session)
Summary Meeting Report
Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses
Twenty-first Session, Berlin, 21-25 September 1998
- advanced the Table of Conditions for Nutrient Contents (Part B containing provisions on Protein and Vitamins and Minerals) for inclusion into Guidelines for Use of Nutrition Claims for final adoption by the 23rd Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission and returned the provisions for fibre for further comments and consideration;
- agreed to give further consideration to the Draft Revised Standard for Gluten-Free Foods at the next Session;
- advanced the Proposed Draft Revised Standard for Processed Cereal-Based foods for Infant and Young Children for preliminary adoption by the 23rd Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission and returned the Proposed Draft Revised Standard for Infant Formula for further comments and consideration;
- agreed to consider further the Proposed Draft Guidelines on Vitamin and Mineral Supplements on the basis of a working paper to be prepared by the Delegations of Canada and the USA and the Observer from the EC to facilitate discussion on this issue;
- agreed that the Delegation of Germany would revise the discussion paper on Vitamins and Minerals in Foods for Special Medical Purposes for further comments and consideration and also agreed to stop considering Nutrient Reference Values for Labelling Purposes until the recommendations of the Expert Consultation in Bangkok become available;
- proposed a review of the Advisory Lists of Mineral Salts and Vitamin Compounds, subject to approval by the 23rd Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
To go to current FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex Food Law News page, click here.
To go to main Food Law Index page, click here.