Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 1998
7-11 September 1998: COMMITTEE - General Principles (13th Session)
Summary Meeting Report
Codex Committee on General Principles
Thirteenth Session, Paris, 7-11 September 1998
- recommended the amendment of the Criteria for the Establishment of Work Priorities and the Criteria for the Establishment of Subsidiary Bodies of the Codex Alimentarius Commission
- endorsed the amendment to the Food Hygiene Provisions in the Relations between Commodity Committees and General Subject Committees proposed by the Committee on Food Hygiene
- agreed to propose an amendment to the Terms of Reference of the Committee on Milk and Milk Products
- agreed to propose a definition of Risk Assessment Policy to be circulated for further comments and to review the current definitions of Risk Management and Risk Communication
- agreed to return to Step 2 the Working Principles for Risk Analysis
- agreed to consider further the following questions at its next session:
- measures intended to facilitate consensus
- consideration of special treatment for developing countries
- revision of the acceptance procedure
- the role of science and other legitimate factors in general and in the specific case of BST
- the principles concerning the participation of NGOs in the work of Codex
- agreed to initiate the revision of the Code of Ethics for International Trade in Food as new work.
To go to current FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex Food Law News page, click here.
To go to main Food Law Index page, click here.