Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 1997
20-24 October 1997: COMMITTEE - Food Hygiene (30th Session)
Summary Meeting Report
Codex Committee on Food Hygiene
Washington D.C., USA, 20-24 October 1997
- proposed a Draft Amendment to the Common Food Hygiene Provisions to be used in Codex Standards;
- advanced the Draft Code of Hygienic Practice for Refrigerated Packed Foods with Extended Shelf Life for final adoption by the 23rd Session of the Comission; advanced the Proposed Draft Principles and Guidelines for the Conduct of Microbiological Risk Assessment for provisional adoption by the 45th Session of the Executive Committee of the Codex Alimentarius Commission;
- advanced the Proposed Draft International Code of Hygienic Practice for Packed (Bottled) Drinking Waters for provisional adoption by the 45th Session of the Executive Committee of the Codex Alimentarius Commission;
- agreed to redraft the Proposed Draft Code of Hygienic Practice for the Transport of Foodstuffs in Bulk and Semi-Packed Foodstuffs and circulate it for government comments;
- endorsed Food Hygiene Provisions in several Milk and Milk Products Standards in a way which would not prevent of production of traditional cheeses of raw milk but which would protect consumers safety. The Committee agreed to discontinue development of the Proposed Draft Code of Hygienic Practice for Uncured/Unripened and Ripened Soft Cheese as an independent Code, with the understanding that the work would continue as part of the elaboration of the more general Proposed Draft Code of Hygienic Practice for Milk and Milk Products;
- agreed to circulate the working document on recommendations for the Management of Microbiological Hazards for Foods in International Trade for government comments and referred the Draft Code of Practice on Good Animal Feeding to the Codex Committee on Residues of Veterinary Drugs in Foods for consideration.
To go to current FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex Food Law News page, click here.
To go to main Food Law Index page, click here.