Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2007
19-23 February 2007
CODEX - Committee on Fats and Oils (20th Session), London, United Kingdom
SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS
The summary and conclusions of the 20th Session of the Codex Committee on Fats and Oils are as follows:
Matters for adoption by the Commission:
- agreed to advance to Step 8 the Draft Standard for Fat Spreads and Blended Spreads (para. 62, Appendix II);
- agreed to propose new work on the amendment to the Standard for Named Vegetable Oils to include palm kernel olein and stearin (para. 113).
Other Matters of Interest to the Commission
- agreed to return to Step 6 the Draft Amendment to the Standard for Named Vegetable Oils: Inclusion of Rice Bran Oil (para. 74, Appendix V);
- agreed to return the Draft and Proposed Draft Lists of Acceptable Previous Cargoes respectively to Step 6 and 3 for comments and consideration at the next session (para. 90, Appendix IV), and to circulate at Step 3 the Proposed Draft Criteria to Assess the Acceptability of Substances for Inclusion in a List of Acceptable Previous Cargoes (para. 31, Appendix III);
- agreed to return to Step 3 (Accelerated Procedure) the Proposed Draft Amendment to the Standard for Named Vegetable Oils: total carotenoids in unbleached palm oil (para. 80, Appendix VI);
- agreed to circulate at Step 3 the Proposed Draft Amendment to the Standard for Olive Oils and Olive Pomace Oils on the level of linolenic acid and related footnote (para. 107- 108, Appendix VII).
- agreed to consider further at its next session the proposal for future work on the composition and naming of fatty acid modified vegetable oils (para.130-131).
To go to main Foodlaw-Reading
Index page, click here.