Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2006
15 - 19 May 2006
CODEX - Committee on Methods of Analysis and Sampling (27 th Session) Budapest, Hungary
SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS
The summary and conclusions of the 27th Session of the Codex Committee on Methods of Analysis and Sampling are as follows:
Matters for consideration by the 29th Session of the Commission:
- endorsed several methods of analysis in Codex standards at different steps of the Procedure (paras. 57-75, Appendix II);
- agreed to advance to Step 5 the Proposed Draft Guidelines for Settling Disputes on Analytical (Test) Results (para. 43, Appendix III);
- agreed to seek the approval of the Commission to continue its work on the review of Analytical Terminology for Codex Use by transferring the relevant section in the Procedural Manual to a separate Proposed Draft Guideline on Analytical Terminology (para. 55);
- agreed to initiate new work on the revision of the Principles for the Establishment of Codex Sampling Procedures in the Procedural Manual (paras. 113-114).
- agreed to update the reference to the Revised IUPAC/ISO/AOAC Protocol for Proficiency Testing (para. 102).
Other Matters of Interest to the Commission
- agreed to return to Step 6 the Draft Guidelines for Evaluating Acceptable Methods of Analysis (para. 22);
- agreed to consider further at its next session the conversion of methods for trace elements into criteria (para. 83); the criteria for methods of analysis for foods derived from biotechnology (para. 91); and the need to revise the terms of reference of the Committee (para. 123);
- agreed to consider at its next session the update of the work of EURACHEM on uncertainty of sampling (para. 110) and of IUPAC on the International Guidelines for Validation of Qualitative Methods through Collaborative Trials (para. 121).
To go to main Foodlaw-Reading
Index page, .