Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2005
11 – 15 April 2005
CODEX – Committee on General Principles (22 nd Session), Paris , France
The summary and conclusions of the 22nd Session of the Codex Committee on General Principles are as follows:
Matters for adoption by the Commission:
- agreed to forward to the Commission the Proposed Amendments to the Procedural Manual Resulting form the Abolition of the Acceptance (para. 89, Appendix II);
- agreed to discontinue work on the revision of the definition of “food” in the Procedural Manual (para. 97);
- agreed to initiate new work on Proposed Amendments to the Rules of Procedure: duration of the term of office of the Members of the Executive Committee (para. 111);
Other matters of interest to the Commission:
- agreed to return the Proposed Draft Working Principles for Risk Analysis for Food Safety to Step 2/3 for redrafting and further comments (para. 54);
- agreed to forward the Proposed Draft Revised Code of Ethics for International Trade in Foods to the Committee on Food Import and Export Inspection and Certification Systems with specific questions concerning food import and export (paras. 72-73);
- agreed to consider the following questions at its next session: clarification of the term “interim” (para. 21); proposed amendments to the Elaboration Procedure (para. 16); new definitions of risk analysis terms related to food safety (para. 24); proposals concerning the management of the work of the Committee on Food Hygiene (para. 30); and the structure, content and presentation of the Procedural Manual.
To go to main Foodlaw-Reading
Index page, click here.