Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2004
20 - 23 September 2004
COMMITTEE - Coordinating Committee for Europe (24th Session) - Bratislava , Slovak Republic
The summary and conclusions of the 24th Session of the FAO/WHO Coordinating Committee for Europe are as follows:
Matters for consideration by the Commission:
- expressed its views concerning the role of Coordinating Committees, and in particular the Coordinating Committee for Europe , as requested by the Commission (para. 14);
- agreed to nominate Switzerland for appointment as Regional Coordinator by the 28 th Session of the Commission (para. 78).
Other matters of interest to the Commission:
- expressed its views concerning the revision of the Code of Ethics for International Trade in Foods, following the discussions of the Commission on this issue (paras. 16-20);
- considered issues related to the compatibility of data reporting format for the purpose of risk assessment (paras. 45-54);
- made some recommendations to facilitate the participation of countries in the Region in Codex work, as a follow-up to the Seminar on Codex organized by the Government of the Netherlands in cooperation with the Government of the Slovak Republic, FAO and WHO, immediately prior to the session (paras. 80-83);
- exchanged updated information on food legislation, food control systems and Codex activities in the region (paras. 55-64);
- reviewed the measures taken by governments to improve consumer participation in Codex work and related matters (paras. 65-72).
To go to main Foodlaw-Reading
Index page, click here.