Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2002
Paris, France, 15-19 April 2002
Codex Committee on General Principles (17th Session)
The summary and conclusions of the 17th Session of the Codex Committee on General Principles are as follows:
Matters for adoption by the Commission:
- Endorsed the amendments to the Title and Terms of Reference of the Committee on Meat and Poultry Hygiene, as proposed by that Committee;
Matters for adoption by the 50th Session of the Executive Committee:
- Agreed to advance to Step 5 the Proposed Draft Working Principles for Risk Analysis in the Framework of the Codex Alimentarius;
- Agreed to undertake new work on the elaboration of Proposed Draft Working Principles for Risk Analysis intended for governments.
Other matters of interest to the Commission and the Executive Committee:
- agreed to ask discuss further at its next session the amendments to the Rules of Procedure concerning the membership of regional economic integration organizations in the light of the advice provided by the FAO Committee on Constitutional and Legal Matters;
- agreed to return the Proposed Draft Revised Code of Ethics for International Trade in Foods to Step 3 for redrafting and further comments;
- agreed to consider further at its next session the cooperation between the Codex Alimentarius Commission and international organizations in the elaboration of Codex
- standards and related texts;
- agreed to discuss questions related to traceability or product tracing at its next session on the basis of a paper prepared by the Codex Secretariat.
To go to main Food Law Index page, click