Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2001
29 January-1 February 2001
FAO/WHO Coordinating Committee for Near East (1st Session)
The Coordinating Committee:
- Agreed to report to the Executive Committee for approval as new work at Step 1 the following work plan:
- Proposed Draft Code of Practice for Street-Vended Foods
- Proposed Draft Standard(s) for Processed Chickpea and Fava Bean (Humus and Foul-medemes)
- Agreed to prepare the following papers for its next session:
- Paper on the Organization of National Codex Contact Points and National Codex Committees of the Region
- Discussion Papers on:
- Risk Assessment;
- Application and use of HACCP, especially for imported food products;
- Implications and application of the SPS and TBT Agreements.
- Review Paper on Microbiological Standards for Foods
- Recommended that the Codex Secretariat explore the opportunity of using documents (Codex Standards) already translated into Arabic by Member countries of the Region to expedite the final publication of the Codex Alimentarius in Arabic.
To go to current FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex Food Law News page, click here.
To go to main Food Law Index page, click here.