Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2000
28 February - 03 March 2000: COMMITTEE - Milk and Milk Products (4th Session)
Codex Committee on Milk and Milk Products
4th Session, Wellington, 28 February - 03 March 2000
- Agreed to submit the Draft Standard for Unripened Cheese Including Fresh Cheese and the Proposed Draft Revised Standard for Edible Casein Products, and the Proposed Draft Amendment to the Codex Standard for Cheese concerning the description of cheese to the Codex Alimentarius Commission for adoption as final texts;
- Agreed to submit the Proposed Draft Revised Standards for Cream, Fermented Milks, and Whey Powders to the Executive Committee of the Codex Alimentarius Commission for preliminary adoption;
- Agreed that the Proposed Draft Standard for Dairy Spreads and Proposed Draft Standards for individual cheese varieties should be redrafted;
- Agreed to circulate Proposed Draft Amendments to the Codex Standard for Cheese regarding a minimum protein level and cheese coatings for government comments;
- Agreed that the definitions of heat treatment should be further elaborated by the Codex Committee on Food Hygiene within the framework of the Code of Hygienic Practice for Milk and Milk Products;
- Agreed on a number of proposed methods of analysis and sampling required for compliance with Codex standards;
- Agreed to continue discussion on the possible elaboration of a model export certificate for milk products;
- Agreed to propose to the Executive Committee that worldwide standards for evaporated skimmed milk with vegetable fat, sweetened condensed skimmed milk with vegetable fat, and skimmed milk powder with vegetable fat be elaborated, with the understanding that the titles of the standards would be further deliberated; and
- Deferred detailed discussion on the need for new standards for "Parmesan" and cheese speciality until the next session.
To go to current FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex Food Law News page, click here.
To go to main Food Law Index page, click here.