Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2000
9-13 October 2000
Codex Committee on Fresh Fruits and Vegetable (9th Session)
The Committee agreed to:
- Advance the Draft Codex Standards for Tiquisque (White and Lilac), Yellow Pitahayas, Papayas (revised), Asparagus, Cape Gooseberry and Section 2.1.2 Minimum Juice Content of the Codex Standard for Limes, to the 24th Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission for final adoption;
- Retain the Draft Codex Standard for Oranges, including the Guide for Use in Scoring Freezing Injury for further comments and consideration by the next session of the Committee. A Drafting Group will consider the revision of Section 2.1.3 Minimum Juice Content and Other Maturity Requirements related to oranges and their green varieties;
- Retain the Sizing Provisions in the Codex Standards for Limes, Pummelos and Grapefuits as well as of the Draft Standard for Oranges, including the Guide for Use in Scoring Freezing Injury for further development;
- Discontinue the consideration of the main body of the Draft Code of Practice for the Quality Inspection and Certification of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables and inform the Executive Committee accordingly. The Annexes of the Code were retained for redrafting and circulation for comments and consideration by the next session of the Committee;
- Recommend provisional adoption of the Proposed Draft Codex Standard for Cassava by the 24th Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission;
- Retain the Proposed Draft Codex Standards for Apples, Table Grapes and Tomatoes for redrafting and circulation for comments and consideration by the next session of the Committee;
- Leave unchanged the Priority List of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables requiring standardization, pending further information at the next session of the Committee;
- Continue using UN/ECE standards as a starting point for Codex standards when like products were being considered.
To go to current FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex Food Law News page, click here.
To go to main Food Law Index page, click here.