Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2000
3-6 October 2000
FAO/WHO Coordinating Committee for Europe (22nd Session)
The Regional Committee:
- Agreed to discontinue work on the revision of the Regional Standard for Vinegar and to propose that the Commission should revoke the current Standard;
- Agreed to return the Proposed Draft Revised Standard for Mayonnaise to Step 3 and to ask the advice of the Commission on the need for a Regional Standard for Mayonnaise and for regional standards in general;
- Agreed to nominate the Slovak Republic for appointment as Regional Coordinator by the 24th Session of the Commission.
- Expressed its support for the precautionary principle and considered that the debate on this question should proceed in the Committee on General Principles;
- Recommended that all concerned Committees consider the issue of gluten-free foods as a matter of priority in order to establish a level and a method of analysis applicable to gluten-free foods;
- Reviewed the measures taken by governments to improve consumer participation and agreed to consider further the integration of consumer concerns in Codex work at its next session.
To go to current FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex Food Law News page, click here.
To go to main Food Law Index page, click here.