Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2000
19 - 23 June 2000: Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses (22nd Session)
- Advanced the Draft Table of Conditions for Nutrient Contents (Part B containing provisions on Protein and Vitamins and Minerals) for inclusion into the Guidelines for Use of Nutrition Claims for final adoption by the 24th Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission and returned the provisions for fibre for further comments and consideration;
- Recognized that there were no consensus either on levels or on the method of determination of gluten and therefore decided to defer the consideration of the Draft Revised Standard for Gluten-Free Foods and to seek the Commission's advice on how to deal with this issue;
- Agreed to further consider the Proposed Draft Guidelines on Vitamin and Mineral Supplements;
- Returned the Proposed Draft revised Standard for Infant Formula, as amended during the current session, for further comments and consideration;
- Recognized that it was not possible to reach consensus on the fundamental issue of Scope of the Proposed Draft Revised Standard for Processed Cereal-Based foods for Infant and Young Children and therefore agreed to defer the consideration of the Proposed Draft Revised Standard for Infant Formula and ask the Commission how to proceed with this matter;
- Agreed to issue a Circular Letter asking Member Governments for information concerning the criteria for the inclusion and deletion of mineral salts and vitamin compounds in the Lists;
- Agreed that all Discussion Papers would be revised for further comments and consideration.
To go to current FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex Food Law News page, click here.
To go to main Food Law Index page, click here.