Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2000
Codex Committee on Fish and Fishery Products
24th Session, Aselund, Norway, 5-9 June 2000
- Agreed to forward the proposal for the inclusion of Clupea bentincki in the Standard for Sardine and Sardine-Type Products to the 24th Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission for adoption;
- Advanced the general sections and the sections on fresh/frozen/minced and canned fish in the Proposed Draft Code for provisional adoption by the 24th Session of the Commission and returned the other sections for redrafting and further comments;
- Advanced the Draft Standard for Fish Crackers for final adoption by the 24th Session of the Commission, and agreed to ask for further comments on the Draft Standard for Dried Salted Anchovies;
- Advanced the Proposed Draft Standard for Salted Atlantic Herring and Salted Sprats for provisional adoption by the 24th Session of the Commission;
- Agreed to return the Proposed Draft Standard for Smoked Fish for redrafting in order to extend its scope to cover all types of smoked fish;
- Agreed to ask for further comments on the Proposed Draft Standard for Molluscan Shellfish;
- Agreed to proceed with the development of a standard for scallops and the development of a model certificate for fish and fishery products;
- Agreed to consider the definition and method of analysis for "fish content", following the request of the Codex Committee on Food Labelling, as regards the labelling of fish content in quick frozen fish sticks;
- Agreed to initiate new work on an amendment to the Standard for Quick Frozen Lobsters to allow the inclusion of two species of Galatheidae, as proposed by Chile.
To go to current EU Food Law News page, click here.
To go to main Food Law Index page, click here.