Food Law News - EU - 2009
FSA Letter, 10 March 2009
CONTAMINANTS – Food Contaminants: FSA Update Letter for March 2009
The following subjects have been covered in the letter from the FSA. A copy of the letter is available on this site. See: Contaminants Update Letter - March 2009
Food Contact Materials
- Europe adopts a New Regulation to Control Active and Intelligent Packaging
- Europe discusses replacing the Directives on food contact plastics with a regulation
- 4-methylbenzophenone migration into some muesli based cereal products and one line of lasagne bolognese from the outer packaging.
- Limits in Spinach and Lettuce
Process Contaminants Survey 2008
- Process Contaminants Meeting
- CIAA Toolbox
CODEX (Meetings and papers)
- Alignment of EU legislation on aflatoxins in hazelnuts, almonds and pistachios to Codex maximum limits and adoption of the Codex sampling plan.
- European Commission Fusarium toxin forum, 9 – 10 February 2009
- Other changes to European aflatoxins legislation under discussion
- Guidance Document for Competent Authorities for the Control of Compliance with EU Legislation on Aflatoxins
- High risk list (Article 15.5 of Regulation 882/2004)
- Setting of Maximum Levels for ochratoxin A in various food stuffs
- Codex Committee on Contaminants in Food (CCCF) meeting, Rotterdam 23 – 27 March 2009
Codex Committee on Contaminants in Food
- CCCF Meeting (details and agenda)
To go to main Foodlaw-Reading
Index page, click here.