Food Law News - EU - 2007
FSA Rapidly Developing Policy Update, 21 June 2007
CONTAMINANTS - June 2007 update on chemical contaminants
For a copy of the full update, see June 2007 update on chemical contaminants
This update contains information on ongoing and forthcoming issues relating to agricultural contaminants in food and the recently concluded first session of Codex Committee on Contaminants in Foods.
Topics covered in the June 2007 update
General Contaminants Legislation
- The Commission Regulation (EC) No 333/2007 came into force on 1 June 2007.
Codex Committee on Contaminants in Food (CCCF)
- Update on the 1st session of CCCF held in Beijing, China from 16 – 20 April 2007. Request for data.
EU Regulation 882/2004 on Official Controls – Implementing rules for import controls for 'high risk' feed and food of non-animal origin
- Update on implementing rules for import controls for 'high risk' feed and food of non-animal origin.
- Updates on the first and second amendments of Commission Decision 2006/504/EC.
- Update on aflatoxin guidance document and requests for comments on setting maximum levels for ochratoxin A in foodstuffs and discussion on fusarium toxins in maize and maize products.
- Discussions on alternaria toxins.
- Monitoring for T-2 and HT-2 toxins.
- An update on the European Commission acrylamide monitoring recommendation.
- Completion of the Heatox project.
- The European Commission recommendation on furan monitoring is now available on the Commission website.
- Process contaminants survey is now under way.
- Update of EU discussions on morphine in poppy seeds and hydrocyanic acid in bitter apricot kernels.
To go to main Foodlaw-Reading
Index page, click here.