Dr David Jukes, The University of
| ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
Food Law News - EU - 2018
FSA Stakeholder Notice, 23 October 2018
CONTAMINANTS - October 2018 Stakeholder update on rapidly developing policy on food contaminants
The following topics have recently been discussed at European Commission working group meetings on agricultural contaminants and industrial and environmental contaminants and at Standing Committee.
Environmental and industrial contaminants
- 3-monochloropropane diol esters (3-MCPD esters) and Glycidyl esters (GE)
- Furan and methylfurans
- Mercury and methylmercury in fish
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs)
Agricultural Contaminants and Plant Toxins
- Ochratoxin A (OTA)
- Ergot alkaloids
- Alternaria toxins
- Citrinin in red yeast rice supplements
- Erucic Acid
- Pyrrolizidine alkaloids in honey, tea, herbal infusions and food supplements
- Tropane alkaloids
Persistent Organic Pollutants
- Perfluorinated compounds
||For more details of the discussion points, see the pdf version of the Update (click on image)
To go to main Foodlaw-Reading
Index page, click here.