Dr David Jukes, The University of
| ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
Food Law News - FAO / WHO / WTO / Codex - 2016
Codex Meeting Report, 11 – 15 April 2016
CODEX - Codex Committee on General Principles (30th Session)
The full report is available at: Codex Committee on General Principles (30th Session)
Matters for adoption by the 39th Session of the Commission:
The Committee forwarded for adoption amendments to the following sub-sections of Section II of the Procedural Manual as proposed by CCMAS:
- Section “Principles for the Establishment of Codex Methods of Analysis”, sub-section “Working Instructions for the Implementation of the Criteria Approach in Codex” (para 7); and
- Section “Format for Codex Commodity Standards”, sub-section “Methods of Analysis and Sampling”. (para 7)
Matters of interest to the Executive Committee and the Commission:
- Forwarded the revised Terms of Reference of the Secretariat-led Internal review of Codex work management to CCEXEC71 and CAC39 (para. 39 and Appendix II);
- Recommended to the Commission that with regard to the Consistency of the Risk Analysis Texts across the Relevant Committees:
- CCNFSDU should revise the text on nutritional risk analysis and consider how to include JEMNU as a primary source of scientific advice (para. 55); and
- The Secretariat should address minor numbering issues in the texts for CCCF, CCRVDF and CCPR with the relevant Committees (para. 55).
Other matters of interest:
The following issues were presented:
(i) Discussion Paper on work carried out by Committees working by correspondence only (paras 59-60);
(ii) Information Paper on Emerging Issues: A proposed Risk Management Approach to Address Detection in Food of Chemicals of Very Low Public Health Concern (para. 61 ); and
(iii) concerns on the migration of the Codex website to a new domain within the FAO domain (paras 62-67).
To go to main Foodlaw-Reading
Index page, click here.