Dr Mark Nixon
- +44 (0) 118 378 7010
I am director of the Beckett International Foundation and the University's Beckett Fellow.
My main research focus is on the work of Samuel Beckett. Other research interests: James Joyce, Paul Celan; modern European literature with emphasis on period 1890-1940; History of Periodical Publishing 1900-1945; Irish writing; genetic manuscript studies, electronic scholarly editing.
For details of my research interests and supervision, please see Mark Nixon Research Interests
I am convenor of several undergraduate and postgraduate modules. For a complete list of my teaching, please see Mark Nixon Teaching and Convening
President, Samuel Beckett Society (2013-2015)
Director, Beckett International Foundation
Beckett Fellow, The University of Reading
- Co-Director, Beckett Digital Manuscript Project
- Member of the European Society for Textual Scholarship (ESTS)
- Managing Editor, Journal of Beckett Studies
- Member of Editorial Board of Samuel Beckett Today / Aujourd'hui
- Honorary Member of the Samuel Beckett Gesellschaft
Member of Advisory Board of Limit(e) Beckett
For a full list of publications, please see Mark Nixon's publications