English Literature Video
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
We are extremely pleased that, out of a 90% staff entry, 77% of our work was ranked as 'internationally excellent', and a quarter as 'world-leading'. Our research environment is above the national average, and, in this lively and exciting context, we are pleased to note an advance upon our 2008 RAE average rating for outputs. When viewed in relation to the percentage of staff entered and our ranking, we are firmly in the top third of U.K. English Literature departments and look forward to building upon this strong showing and its relation to our teaching in the next REF.
Latest News from our blog
- A warm welcome to this year’s Reading Scholars: Shakespeare Masterclass, Tuesday 16th December
- Getting creative for Christmas
- Victorian Persistence: Text, Image, Theory
- We the Humanities
- Department of English Literature Public Reading
- Confessional comics daunt and inspire one of our colleagues
- Early Modern Women’s Writing – a new publication
- EMRC seminar this week – all welcome!
- Even more good news…
- Newsletter item: the UROP scheme