English Literature Video
LEAGUE TABLE SUCCESS
We are delighted to announce that English & Creative Writing at University of Reading has once again secured a top place, coming 10thnationally in The Guardian University guide league tables, 2017.
This is an upwards move of 3 places since 2016, showing that English & Creative Writing is moving from strength to strength.
Andrew Nash, Head of the Department of English, commented that:
'Being ranked among the top ten places to undertake a degree in English Literature is a reflection of the high quality of teaching and learning that students experience at Reading. It reflects the knowledge and enthusiasm of our dedicated academic staff, our commitment to small group teaching, and the high quality feedback we provide on students' assessments.'
Alison Donnell, Head of the School of Literature and Languages, responded:
'We are delighted with this result and the recognition it offers regarding the considerable effort, commitment and talent that is directed towards teaching and learning activities within the school.'
new pROFESSIONAL opportunities
We are pleased to announce the launch of our Professional Track.
You can view the first Professional Track Newsletter by clicking on the following link: Professional Track Newsletter
Latest News from our blog
- Report on The Interface Between British Contemporary Black and Jewish Cultures: A Symposium
- CIRCL seminars – starting next week!
- JQ Wingate Prize
- Tony Watkins lecture – all welcome!
- The Digital Life of Decorated Books
- CREATIVE WRITING COMPETITION: WINNERS!
- Wendy Meddour profiles the American author Jewell Parker Rhode
- Call for papers
- Creative Arts Anthology 2017
- Call For Chapter Outlines
Check out our other blogs
- Interdisciplinary Research into the Humanities and Science
- The Life of a Lecturer
- Writing Global Justice
- Staging Beckett
- The GRASS project
Teachers of English Literature
Our department runs a range of exciting outreach schemes for students and teachers. If you would like to receive details of these events please email email@example.com