English Literature Video
NEW HEAD OF SCHOOL
We are delighted to announce that Professor Gail Marshall will be joining us as Head of School of Literature and Languages. Professor Marshall has recently finished a term as Research Director for the College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities at the University of Leicester, where she was also Director of the Victorian Studies Centre.
Professor Marshall has research interests in Victorian fiction and theatre, Victorian historiography, and women's lives and writings from the period. She is currently working on a monograph on the literature and culture of 1859, which is both a micro-history of that year and of the life of George Eliot in 1859, when her real identity was revealed to the public, and she published her first novel.
Latest News from our blog
- The Creative Arts Anthology is back!
- The Business of a Woman’s Life: Female Authorship, Celebrity and Fandom in the Long Nineteenth Century
- WALT DISNEY, PSYCHOBIOGRAPHY AND THE “PRACTICALLY PERFECT”
- Congratulations to a newly published writer in our department!
- Health Humanities Group film festival
- Editing Modernist Letters workshop – alert for students
- Jess Phillips: Using your voice to make a difference
- Rebecca Lindsay attends the IRSCL Congress 2017, University of York, Toronto
- Fan studies – a new article
Check out our other blogs
- Interdisciplinary Research into the Humanities and Science
- The Life of a Lecturer
- Writing Global Justice
- Staging Beckett
- The GRASS project
Teachers of English Literature
Our department runs a range of exciting outreach schemes for students and teachers. If you would like to receive details of these events please email email@example.com