English Literature Video
NEW HEAD OF SCHOOL
We are delighted to announce that Professor Gail Marshall will be joining us as Head of School of Literature and Languages. Professor Marshall has recently finished a term as Research Director for the College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities at the University of Leicester, where she was also Director of the Victorian Studies Centre.
Professor Marshall has research interests in Victorian fiction and theatre, Victorian historiography, and women's lives and writings from the period. She is currently working on a monograph on the literature and culture of 1859, which is both a micro-history of that year and of the life of George Eliot in 1859, when her real identity was revealed to the public, and she published her first novel.
Latest News from our blog
- Jane Austen and money
- Diversifying Assessment
- A Special Collections exhibition: Leonard and Virginia Woolf’s Hogarth Press
- University Teaching Fellows in our department – congratulations!
- Dr Madeleine Davies and Dr Bethany Layne visit Vanessa Bell’s home for the Charleston Festival 2017
- 20th-Century British Periodicals: Words and Art on the Printed Page
- ‘I am / At war ‘twixt will and will not’ (Measure for Measure) Or Why I’ve been advising the writing team of the new TV series Will
- The Professional Track ceremony
- Visual culture and ‘points of view’
- Chair of the Senior Tutor Community of Practice
Check out our other blogs
- Interdisciplinary Research into the Humanities and Science
- The Life of a Lecturer
- Writing Global Justice
- Staging Beckett
- The GRASS project
Teachers of English Literature
Our department runs a range of exciting outreach schemes for students and teachers. If you would like to receive details of these events please email firstname.lastname@example.org