English Literature Video
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
We are extremely pleased that, out of a 90% staff entry, 77% of our work was ranked as 'internationally excellent', and a quarter as 'world-leading'. Our research environment is above the national average, and, in this lively and exciting context, we are pleased to note an advance upon our 2008 RAE average rating for outputs. When viewed in relation to the percentage of staff entered and our ranking, we are firmly in the top third of U.K. English Literature departments and look forward to building upon this strong showing and its relation to our teaching in the next REF.
Latest News from our blog
- A God in Every Stone
- Rhetorics of Pain: Historical Reflections
- Why I still love Sir Tom Stoppard, even when he complains about his audiences
- The Edith Morley archive
- Outstanding Personal Tutor Excellence Award
- Please support our graduate
- EMRC seminar: The Protestant and Catholic Body
- EDITH MORLEY LECTURE 2015: THE FEMALE ROLE MODEL
- A paid research opportunity for an undergraduate
- David Oakes is to visit us tomorrow…all welcome!