English Language and Applied Linguistics
50 Years of Excellence in Linguistics and Language Studies
The University of Reading was among the first universities in the UK to offer programmes in Linguistics, Applied Linguistics and English Language Teaching. Over the past 50 years, the university has been home to many of the world's most distinguished scholars in language studies, and has produced graduates whose work has come to define the field.
Studying english language and applied linguistics at reading
The latest news from our blogs
English Language and Applied Linguistics blog
- Studying English language in the age of “Post-truth”
- How I shaped my dissertation around my interest in counter-terrorism
- Halloween: The Meaning Behind the Word
- My Welcome Week Experience
- Where to go for help and advice at University
A World of Englishes
- Sumer is icumen in, and the wind is passing ...
- 100 years of the English Pronouncing Dictionary
- You say "lee-doh", I say "lye-doh" ...
- The future of those tricky "th" sounds
- International Talk Like A Pirate Day: musings on the pirate accent
Teachers of English Language
Our department runs a range of exciting outreach schemes for students and teachers. If you would like to receive details of these events please email firstname.lastname@example.org