Support for staff
The Institute of Education (IoE) is committed to providing a supportive working environment for all staff. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of the IoE ethos. The University actively promotes diversity through the following Diversity and Equality Networks:
- Gender and Empowerment Reading Group (IoE)
- Springboard Women's Development Programme
- Aurora Women's Leadership programme
- Diversifying Leadership programme
- Stellar HE programme
- Stonewall LGBT Role Models Programme
- Stonewall Leadership Programme
- Women@Reading Network
- Staff Disability Network
- LGBT+ Network
- Race Equity and Cultural Diversity Network
- Maternity, adoption and parental leave
- Compassionate and other unplanned leave
- Flexible working
All staff at the IoE returning to work following maternity, adoption or parental leave should have regular meetings with their line managers in order to ensure a manageable workload.
The University reimburses all Schools for the cost of staff taking maternity or other parental leave, and 25% of this funding is set aside to provide support for the staff member's return to work, in the form of e.g. relief from teaching, funds for conferences including additional childcare costs incurred, additional training etc.
For further information on any of these policies please contact Human Resources: email@example.com.