Staff Profile:Dr Sarah Jewell
- Dr Sarah Jewell
- Job Title:
- Lecturer in Economics
- Areas of Interest:
- Research Interests: Human capital, economics of higher education, labour economics, life satisfaction
- Research groups / Centres:
YNumber of items: 8.
- Comunian, R., Faggian, A. and Jewell, S. (2014) Embedding arts and humanities in the creative economy: the role of graduates in the UK. Environment and Planning C. (In Press)
- Jewell, S. and Faggian, A. (2014) Interregional migration 'wage premia': the case of creative and science and technology graduates in the UK. In: Kourtit, K., Nijkamp, P. and Stimson, R. (eds.) Applied Modeling of Regional Growth and Innovation Systems. Advances in Spatial Science . Springer, pp. 197-216.
- Faggian, A., Communian, R., Jewell, S. and Kelly , U. (2013) Bohemian graduates in the UK: disciplines and location determinants for entering creative careers. Regional Studies, 47 (2). pp. 183-200. ISSN 1360-0591 doi: 10.1080/00343404.2012.665990
- Pemberton, J., Jewell, S., Faggian, A. and King, Z. (2013) Higher education as a portfolio investment: students’ choices about studying, term time employment, leisure, and loans. Oxford Economic Papers, 65 (2). pp. 268-292. ISSN 1464-3812 doi: 10.1093/oep/gps026
- Gregg, P., Jewell, S. and Tonks, I. (2012) Executive pay and performance: did bankers’ bonuses cause the crisis? International Review of Finance, 12 (1). pp. 89-122. ISSN 1468-2443 doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2443.2011.01136.x
- Comunian, R., Faggian, A. and Jewell, S. (2011) Winning and losing in the creative industries: an analysis of creative graduates' career opportunities across creative disciplines. Cultural Trends, 20 (3-4). pp. 291-308. ISSN 1469-3690 doi: 10.1080/09548963.2011.589710
- Della Giusta, M., Jewell, S. L. and Kambhampati, U. S. (2011) Gender and life satisfaction in the UK. Feminist Economics, 17 (3). pp. 1-34. ISSN 1466-4372 doi: 10.1080/13545701.2011.582028
- Faggian, A., Jewell, S. and King, Z. (2010) The effect of term-time employment on UK higher education students. In: Valencia, L. K. and Hahn, B. J. (eds.) Employment and Labor Issues: Unemployment, Youth Employment and Child Labor. Nova Science Publishers, pp. 39-68. ISBN 9781608762828