Staff Profile:Prof Giovanni Razzu
- Professor Giovanni Razzu
- Job Title:
- Professor in the Economics of Public Policy
Director of the Master in Public Policy
Acting Head of Department of Economics
School Director of Postgraduate Studies
- Areas of Interest:
Inequality; gender and the labour market; poverty and social mobility; capabilities approach and autonomy; housing and regeneration.
- Research groups / Centres:
YNumber of items: 3.
- Razzu, G. and Fernandez, A., (2015) Is Britain fairer? Understanding the wider economic and demographic context. Is Britain Fairer? Evidence Paper series. Report. Equality and Human Rights Commission ISBN 9781842066478
- Razzu, G. and Singleton, C. (2014) The macroeconomic context: gender business cycles. In: Razzu, G. (ed.) Gender inequality in the labour market in the UK. Oxford University Press, Oxford. ISBN 9780199686483
- Razzu, G., ed. (2014) Gender inequality in the labour market in the UK. Oxford University Press, Oxford, pp176. ISBN 9780199686483
Laurea (Bocconi University, Milan); MSc Housing Economics (London School of Economics)
Before joining the University in November 2012, Professor Razzu has been a Government Economist for almost ten years, in the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister, Cabinet Office and Government Equalities Office (GEO). He has been Lead Analyst for the independent Equalities Review, which produced the report "Fairness and Freedom" and launched a new Equality Measurement Framework based on the capabilities approach. He has also been Acting Chief Economist in GEO from its establishment until 2008 and has led the Secretariat to the National Equality Panel from 2008 to 2010, which produced the influential "An Anatomy of Economic Inequality in the UK". He is now the UK representative on the Expert Group of the European Institute for Gender Equality.