Our policies and procedures
We're committed to ensuring that everyone at the University of Reading is treated with dignity, respect and courtesy at all times and is given equality of opportunity in all activities. Our policies and procedures reflect this commitment.
We have a number of current policies, procedures and guidance related to diversity and inclusion.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Code of Good Practice (Valuing Ourselves and Others)
- Trans and Gender Identity: Supporting Information and Procedures for Staff and Students
- Family Leave Procedures and Guidance (including Maternity, Shared Parental and Adoption Leave)
- Provision of Gender Neutral Toilets
If you ever need advice on the University's equality policies please contact the Diversity and Inclusion Advisor Yasmin Ahmed.
The University is committed to the prevention of harassment and bullying for all staff and students. There are a number of resources to help people who feel that they are being harassed or bullied: Human Resources staff, trades union representatives, Counselling and Wellbeing Services staff, personal tutors, hall wardens and Reading University Student's Union representatives.
We've also set up a network of volunteer, trained Harassment Advisors across the University who are ready to offer support and advice.