Fees and Funding
The Department's research work receives extensive support from:
- Manufacturing industries, such as Angiogene, Astra Zeneca, Dupont, GSK, National Starch, Pfizer and Syngenta;
- Government laboratories and companies, such as NPL and AWE
- Government research councils, such as the EPSRC, BBSRC and MRC; and
- The University's Research Endowment Trust Fund.
For local residents in the Reading area, the university offers Regional PhD bursaries.
Many PhD programmes are carried out in collaboration with industry, enabling students to gain industrial experience during their programme.
For international students, funding may be available from a range of government or charity organisations, including:
There are also schemes for specific countries:
- For China, the China Scholarship Council PhD Studentships
- For Brazil, Science without Borders
- For USA, the Marshall Scholarships
- For India, the Felix Scholarships
Some PhD and MSc Students are also self-funded.
Use these sections to find out about the specific course fees for our taught and research programmes as well as information concerning funding support.