Mission and Vision
We conduct, coordinate, and disseminate world-leading research on literacy and multilingualism. Under five core research themes our multi-disciplinary approach links Arts and Humanities, Life and Social Sciences to tackle key global challenges that cannot be addressed under a single discipline. Our state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge training provides a platform for researchers and practitioners to engage with the public and bring direct benefits to society.
To be recognised as a leading, internationally renowned hub for research into linguistic, psychological, clinical and educational aspects of literacy and multilingualism.
To achieve this we will:
- Provide a platform for world-class experts in the sector to discuss and generate new areas of research in literacy and multilingualism
- Engage with UK and international policy makers in the education and health sectors to influence research agendas
- Partner with teachers, interpreters, counsellors, and professionals who work with bilingual families, to identify and co-create research agendas, putting new research into practise
- Proactively communicate innovative research outcomes to the general public that can empower citizens and enhance their quality of life
- Train young researchers in innovative methods, tools, and techniques.