Undergraduate Scholarships 2019/20
Our undergraduate scholarships include:
The SAPD Academic Excellence Scholarship takes the form of a £2,000 scholarship award paid over the first two years of study, to any Home/EU fee paying undergraduate student who joins the School in September 2019, with "AAA" grades or above in their A-levels, (or equivalent qualification).
Who is eligible to apply?
- Available to UK and EU fee paying undergraduate full-time (and part-time) students who are entering the University for the first time in September 2019.
- Available to students applying for any SAPD undergraduate degree programme.
- Applicants who defer entry may not be eligible for funding.
How to apply
- There is no need to apply for this Scholarship as it will be awarded automatically to eligible students.
- There is no specific closing date for the award.
Additional terms and conditions
- The award will be paid in four instalments of £500 (£500 at the start of the autumn and spring terms in Years 1 and 2).
- Successful candidates must not be in receipt of any other SAPD scholarship.
- No further funds will be awarded. Any other additional costs will be covered by the awardee (you). The University accepts no responsibility for any costs incurred in relation to the scholarship.
Final eligibility deadline date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
The SAPD International Scholarship offers a number of scholarships of up to £3,000 in the first year of entry, in the form of a tuition reduction, to any international, fee-paying offer holder on any of our undergraduate degree programmes.
This scholarship is merit-based and is offered to support students with tuition fees in their first year of study.
Those interested in applying for the Scholarship should be resident outside of the UK/EU and should complete and return the application form as soon as possible, as applications will be assessed and awarded to eligible students as they are received.
This is a competitive award, if the funding has been allocated before 23rd April 2019, we will post a notice to this effect on our website and through our social media accounts.
The SAPD Rowing Scholarship is designed to assist elite rowers who feel that they have what it takes to follow in the footsteps of many other Reading students who have been selected for the GB Rowing Team.
Up to £4,000 tuition fee waiver can be awarded to individuals in their first year of entry who are likely to be selected for Reading University Boat Club's (RUBC) 'top boats', aiming for BUCS medals.
We offer great facilities and a fantastic rowing programme based at our Caversham Boat House, which is conveniently located only 2½ miles from the University campus, 1 mile from the GB Rowing Centre and 10 miles from Henley on Thames.
RUBC is a high performance centre for sculling and our experienced coaching team will help you fulfil your potential as the Club supports athletes that are competing in GB trials for selection towards international competitions, as well as representing Reading in national competitions.
For further information about the SAPD Rowing Scholarship contact: Will Rand, Director of Rowing via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the Club click here
The University offers a means tested bursary award, a tuition-fee waiver or cash award of £1,100 in the first year of study and £1,000 for the continuation of the course.
The SAPD Reading Plus Scholarship offers an additional package of support to students who have been awarded a Reading bursary. The package includes:
The choice of a laptop or £500 in the autumn term of year 1.
A £500 cash award at the start of the autumn term of years 2 and 3.
Who is eligible to apply?
You do not need to specifically apply for the SAPD Reading Plus Bursary as you will receive it automatically if you have qualified and are in receipt of the standard Reading Bursary.
See the University's bursary page for details of eligibility.
Come to an Open Day
Get a real feel for University life and explore our award-winning campus.