LLM International Corporate Finance
- Full-time: 12 months
- Part-time: 24 months
- Start date: September and January
The LLM International Corporate Finance analyses the different aspects of corporate finance from an international perspective. This enables you to identify common aspects in the dynamics and mechanisms to obtain financing and discover innovative trends in a continuously developing area. The LLM International Corporate Finance will assess general corporate principles and financing techniques. It is a theoretical and practical course with case studies that will enable you to approach a corporation that needs capital and understand the issues at stake and contribute in successfully obtaining the required financing. This LLM course is provided in conjunction with Henley Business School, providing a unique opportunity to acquire a combined perspective of financial and corporate law issues.
- International Corporate Finance and the Law
- Financial Markets
- International Banking Law
- Emerging Markets and International Commercial and Economic Law
- Legal Aspects of Mergers, Acquisitions and Takeovers.
Why choose Reading?
- The University of Reading School of Law is a leading UK law school with a world-class reputation. Ranked joint 7th, along with Cambridge, for world-leading research and international excellence and 11th out of all UK law schools in the most recent Research Assessment Exercise (2008).
- A dynamic and international learning environment with teaching supported by first class research with renowned experts across the main fields of national European and international law.
- Active career development and co-curricular opportunities including an annual Working Internationally Career's Forum and a series of guest lectures by practitioners.
- Collaborative teaching and research in our Centre for Commercial Law and Financial Regulation and strong links with the Graduate Institute of Political and International Studies, Henley Business School, and the International Capital Market Association (ICMA) Centre.
- Double Master's courses offered with a wide range of leading partner universities worldwide, including Peking University and Renmin University in China, ALBA in Greece, MGIMO in Russia, Hanyang University in South Korea and CYCU and National Taipei University in Taiwan, amongst others.
Graduates from our programmes have gone on to work in various capacities, in major national and international law firms, as in-house lawyers, in international organizations in UK and abroad. While many law graduates take professional exams in law and go on to practise law either in the UK or abroad, many others pursue alternative careers. A postgraduate law degree will open many doors not only in specialised areas of employment, such as law firms, European and intergovernmental and non-governmental organisations, but also in academia (with further postgraduate study), the media (journalism and broadcasting), the civil service, and other branches of public service.
You are normally required to have a good undergraduate Honours degree (or equivalent from a university outside the UK). If you have other qualifications and a number of years' relevant work experience then you also be eligible to apply
We encourage applications from a non-law background and all applications will be assessed on their merit.
Fees & costs
The fee you pay is dependent on the course you are taking, whether you take the course full-time or part-time, and whether or not you are coming from outside the EU.
At least £180 per week, but varies depending on lifestyle.
If you’re a Reading graduate, you can receive up to £1,000 off course fees through our alumni fee discount – find out more here.