Our School plans to build up a group of experts and collaborators through our Visiting Scholars Programme. Visiting Scholars will enhance the research environment within the School, and help to strengthen a widening network of international research collaborations. We welcome applications from academics who are active in any area of research that is relevant to our members of staff.
A limited number of Visiting Scholars can be appointed each term. Preference will be given to academics collaborating with University of Reading staff members, academics from existing departments with Erasmus and/or other Memorandum of Understanding agreements, and academics interested in collaborating with members of our staff.
You will need to secure funding and so are encouraged to apply for external funding to support your stay. Stays can be from a few weeks, to one academic year and we will provide basic office and library facilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please contact Professor Carien Van Reekum (email@example.com) or Professor Claire Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be able to discuss your research interests, introduce you to relevant academics and research staff within the School. A selection of interested applicants will be able to submit a joint application with a member of our staff for research funds for a collaborative project, preference will be given to projects that will provide funding for an external grant.
Applications should include:
- A statement of purpose. One to two pages describing:
1. The planned start and duration of your stay
2. Your research interests, and the work that you intend to do
while at the University of Reading (including any lectures
you would like to attend)
3. What you expect to accomplish during your stay, and how
the University of Reading, its faculty members, and its
students can help you reach your goals.
- Identify one or two specific faculty members within the School that you would like to collaborate with during your stay.
1. Please indicate how your research fits in with their interests,
expertise, and ongoing projects. It is essential that you get
in touch with these scholars prior to submitting.
- A current CV.
- One or two sample publications of your research related to the proposed activity (in English).
Please contact us for application deadlines.