Dr Indu Dubey
Dr Indu Dubey is a postdoctoral Research Associate at the School of Psychology and Clinical Languages Sciences, University of Reading. She is currently working on a MRC-GCRF's project "START" with Prof. Chakrabarti. In this project she aims to develop a tablet based screening tool for Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) to be used by low skilled health workers.
Areas of Interest
Before joining University of Reading, Indu completed one year postdoctoral research at Institute of Cognitive Neurosciences, UCL with Dr Hamilton exploring role of priming and anxiety on social approach behaviour of typical adults. Indu completed her PhD from the University of Nottingham under the supervision of Dr Ropar, exploring social motivation theory of social difficulties in ASD. She is also a trained Clinical Psychologist and has a more than three years' experience of working in specialised child developmental centres and psychiatric training institutes in India. Her main areas of research interest are: social difficulties in ASD and other developmental disorders, motivation and anxiety in ASD, developmental trajectory of socio-cognitive abilities in both typical and ASD groups.
1. Graduate School Travel Prize from University of Nottingham to present research at International Meeting for Autism Research (May 2015).
2. Study visit grant (£2100) from Experimental Psychological Society to visit University of Cologne (January 2015).
3. Research grant (£2000) from German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst) to visit University of Cologne, Germany (May-July 2015).
4. Study visit grant from British Psychological Society (BPS) to visit University of Cologne, Germany (November 2014).
5. Research grant from BPS to present a paper at BPS Developmental Conference at Amsterdam, Netherlands (September 2014).
6. Study visit grant by Social Cognitive Neurosciences institute for presenting research and attending International Summer School SISSA, Trieste, Italy (August 2014).
7. Grindley Grant for presenting research at Budapest CEU Conference on Cognitive Development, Budapest, Hungary (January 2014).
8. Research Grant for presenting research at 3rd European Workshop on Social Neuroscience, Gent, Belgium (June 2013).
9. Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship for Research Excellence (International) - fully funded PhD Scholarship, from University of Nottingham, United Kingdom (2012-2015).
Research groups / Centres
- Dubey, I., Ropar, D. and Hamilton, A. (2017) Comparison of choose-a-movie and approach-avoidance paradigms used to measure social motivation. Motivation and Emotion. ISSN 1573-6644 doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11031-017-9647-1
- Dubey, I., Ropar, D. and Hamilton, A. F. d. C. (2017) Social seeking declines in young adolescents. Royal Society Open Science. ISSN 2054-5703 doi: https://doi.org/10.1098/rsos.170029
- Dubey, I., Ropar, D. and Hamilton, A. (2017) Brief report: a comparison of the preference for viewing social and non-social movies in typical and autistic adolescents. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 47 (2). pp. 514-519. ISSN 0162-3257 doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10803-016-2974-3
- James, R. J. E., Dubey, I., Smith, D., Ropar, D. and Tunney, R. J. (2016) The latent structure of autistic traits: a taxometric, latent class and latent profile analysis of the adult autism spectrum quotient. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 46 (12). pp. 3712-3728. ISSN 0162-3257 doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10803-016-2897-z
- Dubey, I., Ropar, D. and Hamilton, A. F.d. C. (2015) Measuring the value of social engagement in adults with and without autism. Molecular Autism, 6 (1). 35. ISSN 2040-2392 doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13229-015-0031-2
- Tikka, D. L., Ram, D., Dubey, I. and Tikka, S. K. (2014) Socio-emotional factors in alcohol dependence. Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine, 36 (2). pp. 153-157. ISSN 0253-7176 doi: https://doi.org/10.4103/0253-7176.130978
- Katshu, M. Z. U. H., Dubey, I., Khess, C. R. J. and Sarkhel, S. (2011) Snake bite as a novel form of substance abuse: personality profiles and cultural perspectives. Substance Abuse, 32 (1). pp. 43-46. ISSN 1547-0164 doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/08897077.2011.540482
- Prakash, R., Dubey, I., Abhishek, P., Gupta, S.K., Rastogi, P. and Siddiqui, S. V. (2010) Long-term Vihangam Yoga meditation and scores on tests of attention. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 110 (3C). pp. 1139-1148. ISSN 0031-5125 doi: https://doi.org/10.2466/pms.110.C.1139-1148
- Kumar, D., Zia Ul Haq, M., Dubey, I., Dotivala, K. N., Veqar Siddiqui, S., Prakash, R., Abhishek, P. and Nizamie, S. H. (2010) Effect of meta-cognitive training in the reduction of positive symptoms in schizophrenia. European Journal of Psychotherapy & Counselling, 12 (2). pp. 149-158. ISSN 1469-5901 doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/13642537.2010.488875
- Haq, M. Z. U., Dubey, I., Khess, C. R. J., Das, U. and Kumar, R. (2009) Bipolar disorder and tuberous sclerosis complex: is it a mere coincidence? CNS spectrums, 14 (11). pp. 643-647. ISSN 1092-8529 doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/S1092852900023889
- Kumar, D., Dubey, I., Bhattacharjee, D., Singh, N. K., Dotiwala, K. N., Siddiqui, S. V. and Goyal, N. (2009) Beginning steps in school mental health in India: a teacher workshop. Advances in School Mental Health Promotion, 2 (4). pp. 28-33. ISSN 1754-730X doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/1754730X.2009.9715714