- +44 (0) 118 378 8851
Module Convenor: Psychology at Work (PY1PAW), Professional Placement (PY2PRP), Motivation and Performance in Organisations (PY3MPO), Public Engagement (PY3PE), Individual and Team Development (PYMITD)
Part 3 Tutor
Placement Tutor for year-long Professional Placement
Undergraduate: Part 1 Psychology at Work (PY1PAW), Skills in Psychology (PY1SK); Part 2 Careers (PY2CP), Psychometrics (PY2CP), cognition (PY2CN); Part 3 Motivation and Performance in Organisations (PY3MPO), Public Engagement (PY3PE), Contemporary & Historical Issues (PY3CHI).
Postgraduate: Individual and Team Development (PYMITD)
PhD. Psychology, UoR; MSc Occupational Psychology, Birkbeck College; BSc Psychology, UoR; Level A&B Certificate in Occupational Testing (BPS); Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
Areas of Interest
My areas of interest are broadly speaking in the field of Occupational Psychology. Specifically I am interested in training and development, including the dissemination of evidence based training, transfer of training and barriers to learning. I am also interested in motivation and performance in the work place, including the influence of job design.
Research groups / Centres
- Branson, A., Myles, P., Mahdi, M. and Shafran, R. (2018) The relationship between competence and patient outcome with low-intensity cognitive behavioural interventions. Behavioural and cognitive psychotherapy, 46 (1). pp. 101-114. ISSN 1469-1833 doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/S1352465817000522
- Branson, M., Shafran, R. and Myles, P. (2015) Investigating the relationship between competence and patient outcome with CBT. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 68. pp. 19-26. ISSN 0005-7967 doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brat.2015.03.002
- Branson, A. and Shafran, R. (2015) Therapist characteristics and their effect on training outcomes: what counts? Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy, 43 (3). pp. 374-380. ISSN 1352-4658 doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/S1352465814000642
- Stallard, P., Myles, P. and Branson, A. (2014) The Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Scale for Children and Young People (CBTS-CYP): development and psychometric properties. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy, 42 (3). pp. 269-282. ISSN 1352-4658 doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/S135246581300115X
- Farran, E. K., Branson, A. and King, B. J. (2011) Visual search for basic emotional expressions in autism; impaired processing of anger, fear and sadness, but a typical happy face advantage. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, 5 (1). pp. 455-462. ISSN 1750-9467 doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rasd.2010.06.009