Introduction to the Pre-sessional Programme
The Pre-sessional Programme is for students who need to improve their English to study on a degree programme at the University of Reading, or other UK universities. This includes students who:
- have an offer for a degree programme, but have not yet achieved the language condition
- have been accepted onto a degree programme, but want to prepare themselves more fully for academic study
- are planning to study in a UK university, but have not yet applied for a specific degree programme.
Why study PSE at the ISLI
"high quality of delivery and consistency of approach"
"materials used extensively around the world to prepare and assess students"
"positive and close relationships with receiving departments"
BALEAP Accreditation report 2015
The International Study and Language Institute (ISLI) has an international reputation for excellence in offering English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses to students from around the world. Our well-established, high quality Pre-sessional Programme is accredited by BALEAP, the global forum for EAP professionals.
Our teaching staff are highly-qualified and experienced professionals. Many have published best-selling and internationally-recognised EAP course books.
The pre-sessional learning experience at Reading offers:
- a stimulating academic environment in which to prepare for your future studies
- the opportunity to build confidence and independence, ready to face the challenge of university life in the UK
- multimedia classrooms equipped with state-of-the-art learning technology
- a chance to make friends and settle into campus life
- time to adapt to life in the UK before starting your academic programme
- the opportunity to begin your studies at different times in the year.