Pre-sessional: half-band credit
You can enter your degree programme at the University of Reading with a half-band credit to your English language score, when you complete one of our Pre-sessional programmes.
What is the half-band credit?
- Study on a Pre-sessional programme at Reading at our UK or Malaysia campus.
- Aim to reach the English language level required for your conditional offer.
- At the end of the Pre-sessional programme, if you achieve half a band lower than your required score, you can start your chosen degree at the University of Reading*.
- If your offer for a place on a degree course at Reading is conditional on achieving IELTS Band 6.5, you would be accepted onto that degree with an end of Pre-sessional course score of 6.0.
- If your offer for a place on a degree course at Reading is conditional on achieving IELTS Band 7.0, you would be accepted onto that degree with an end of Pre-sessional course score score of 6.5.
What do I have to do to take advantage of this offer?
You need to register for a University of Reading Pre-sessional programme by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org attaching:
- a copy of your most recent English language test certificate (IELTS/TOEFL)
- a copy of the identification page of your passport
Our Admissions team will then apply the half-band credit to your end of programme grade for admission to your University of Reading degree programme.
Note that the half-band credit does not apply to the following degree courses:
- MA Applied Linguistics
- PhD Applied Linguistics
- MRes Applied Linguistics
- MA English Language Teaching - Campus Based and Distance Learning
- MSc Speech and Language Therapy
If you have any queries please contact us at: email@example.com