Introduction to the International Foundation Programme (IFP)
'The IFP has a long-established reputation for academic excellence and student support.'
The International Foundation Programme (IFP) at the University of Reading is an intensive access course providing you with the academic training, language and study skills to start your undergraduate studies with knowledge and confidence.
The course has been especially designed for international students without British A level qualifications or the equivalent. Find out more about the entry requirements for the International Foundation Programme.
Completing the course successfully will guarantee you a place on an undergraduate degree programme at the University of Reading. The IFP is also suitable for students who wish to study at other UK universities after their IFP year.
The IFP is an internationally recognised and respected course with a high success rate.
- Our University was one of the first to run this type of course in the UK. The IFP recently celebrated its 30th birthday!
- Successfully completing the programme and meeting the grade requirements of your desired course pathway will guarantee you a place on that undergraduate degree programme at the University of Reading. No need to apply for the undergraduate course again!
- Accepted by most other British universities for entry onto their degree courses.
- Seven month fast-track programme for business and law degrees (January entry).
- You will be a full member of the University of Reading with access to all of its academic, welfare, social and sports facilities.
- Teachers are academic members of the University with considerable experience of teaching international students.
- Highly supportive learning environment.
- Inclusive, international culture and friendly, caring community.
- Attractive campus with guaranteed accommodation for IFP students.
- Full range of services to care for your health and wellbeing.
- Easy access to London, Oxford and Heathrow airport.
A specific social programme exclusive to IFP students that involves weekend trips around the UK and activities such as paintballing and bowling.