Our IELTS Centre
Unless otherwise specified, all of our IELTS exams take place at our London Road Campus.
You can find out how to get here by reading the instructions below or following this link: Directions to London Road Campus
You can view a map of the test venue here: London Road Map
For all rail information, please visit the National Rail website at http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/.
Once you arrive at the train station you can walk or cycle to either campus, please see instructions below.
If you choose to take a taxi or bus, the bus stops and taxi rank can be found outside the station. A taxi will cost you approximately £8 and a single bus journey will cost you £2.00 (return £4.00. You will need the exact money as the buses do not give change).The buses that run from the train station to the London Road campus are the numbers 9 and 21. Please visit www.reading-buses.co.uk for further details.
Walking from Reading train station (about 20 minutes, approximately 0.7 miles):
- With the station behind you, turn towards the statue of Edward VII and proceed into Station Road
- At the crossroads, turn left into Friar Street towards the old town Hall
- Bear right into Market Place, with the Post Office on your left, follow the road past Lloyds Bank
- At the junction with Kings Road, cross over into Duke Street, crossing the canal with the Oracle centre on your right
- Proceed straight into London Street, following signs for UoR
- Turn first left into London Road
- Take second exit on the right into Crown Place, the University entrance is signposted
N.B. Parking on the campus is restricted to staff only. Car parking is available in the town centre.
Sat nav postcode: RG1 5AQ
- The easiest and most direct route is via the M4 motorway. Leave the motorway at Junction 11.
- When you reach the roundabout at the top of the slip road follow the signs for the University of Reading.
- Follow this road and at the first roundabout turn left on to the A327 (Shinfield Road).
- Follow this road and through three sets of traffic lights, passing a parade of shops and Leighton Park School.
- Immediately after passing the Shinfield Road entrance to Whiteknights Campus, get into the right hand filter lane at the traffic lights.
- Turn right and then immediately left into Redlands Road.
- Follow Redlands Road downhill passing the Museum of English Rural Life on your left, to the junction with London Road (A4).
- Keep in the left hand lane and turn left into Crown Place.
- Follow signs to Whitegates car park.
Our administrative office is located on the second floor of the HumSS building on the Whiteknights campus. You can contact the office using the following details:
IELTS Test Centre
Room 201, HumSS Building
University of Reading
N.B. The Sat Nav postcode for the Whiteknights Campus is RG6 6UR
Telephone: 0118 378 6223
You can find directions to our administration office here
The opening hours for the administrative office on the Whiteknights campus are:
Monday to Friday - 10am to 4pm (closed for lunch 1pm - 2pm)
The Administration office is closed on Saturday test days.