Staff Profile:Dr Milan Radosavljevic
- Dr Milan Radosavljevic
- Job Title:
- Associate Professor in Construction Management and Engineering, School Director of Teaching and Learning
School Director of Teaching & Learning
ARCOM (Association of Researchers in Construction Management) Committee Member
CEBE (Constructing Excellence in the Built Environment), Berkshire Best Practice Club, Committee Member
CIB Board (Guest Member)
CIB Working Commissions W102 Information and Knowledge Management in Building and W65 Organisation and Management of Construction
CIRIA (Construction Industry Research and Information Association) Construction Process Panel
CIOB (Working group – 1st Edition of the Code of Practice for Programme Management)
Visiting Professor, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Slovenia
Guest Professor, MBA in Construction, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Croatia
- Areas of Interest:
n general, I am interested in cutting edge research on digital technologies in construction, concrete technology and construction process complexity. I have successfully supervised one MPhil and one PhD student, and currently supervise three PhD students.
Commensurate with my civil engineering background and past experience in pre-cast concrete manufacturing, my research spans across a number of construction-related topics, including:
BIM-based lean production management for construction
Mobile computing and applications in construction
Concrete technology and microstructure of cementitious materials
Complexity and inherent difficulty of construction projects
CE2CEC Entrepreneurship in Construction and Property (undergraduate; module convenor)
CE1CCT Construction Technology - Plant & Equipment (undergraduate; contributing lecturer)
CE3CDT Digital Technology Use in Construction (undergraduate; contributing lecturer)
CEMC01 Principles of Project Management (postgraduate; module convenor)
CEMRPM Project Management (postgraduate; contributing lecturer)
International Construction (MSc Construction Management; contributing lecturer)
Prizes and awards:
Faculty Prize for the Outstanding Contribution in Teaching and Learning (University of Reading, Faculty of Science, School of Construction Management and Engineering, 2008)
Fulton postgraduate prize for the best PhD thesis of the year (Division of Civil Engineering, University of Dundee, 2003)
University of Dundee stipend and scholarship (covering the domestic tuition fees, 1998 - 2001)
Slovenian government's permanent scholarship for outstanding students (Zois Scholarship Fund for outstanding students studying abroad, 1998 - 2001)
Industrial funding for PhD research from Ingrad Gramat d.d. Slovenia (1998 - 2001)
- Research groups / Centres:
YNumber of items: 23.
- Shah, M. I. A., Hughes, W. and Radosavljevic, M. (2013) Conceptualizing design. In: Engineering Project Organization Conference, July 9-11, 2013, Engineering Project Organization Conference, Winter Park, CO.
- Lubej, S. and Radosavljevic, M. (2013) Potential reduction of concrete deterioration through controlled DEF in hydrated concrete. International Journal of Physical Sciences, 8 (24). pp. 1307-1318. ISSN 1992-1950
- Gulliver, S., Grzybek, H., Radosavljevic, M. and Wiafe, I. (2013) Changing building user attitude and organisational policy towards sustainable resource use in healthcare. Health Policy and Technology. ISSN 2211-8837 (In Press)
- Sergeeva, N. and Radosavljevic, M. (2012) Creative participation in construction firms: bridging creativity and innovation. OTMC Organization, technology & management in construction: an international journal, 4 (2). pp. 490-506. ISSN 1847-6228 doi: 10.5592/otmcj.2012.2.5
- Jarkas, A. M. and Radosavljevic, M. (2012) Motivational factors impacting the productivity of construction master craftsmen in Kuwait. Journal of Management in Engineering . ISSN 1943-5479 doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)ME.1943-5479.0000160
- Radosavljevic, M. and Bennett, J. (2012) Construction management strategies : a theory of construction management. Wiley, pp320. ISBN 9780470656099
- Wang, N., Ding, R., Radosavljevic, M. and Sun, H. (2011) Practicing sustainability in PFI project management. In: Technology Management Conference (ITMC), 2011 IEEE International, 27-30 June 2011, Hilton San Jose, San Jose, CA, USA, pp. 717-722.
- Sergeeva, N. and Radosavljevic, M. (2011) Towards a theoretical framework for creative participation : how personal characteristics influence employees' willingness to contribute ideas. In: Mesquita, A. (ed.) Technology for creativity and innovation : tools, techniques and applications. IGI Global, pp. 84-103. ISBN 9781609605193 doi: 10.4018/978-1-60960-519-3.ch004
- Sacks, R., Radosavljevic, M. and Barak, R. (2010) Requirements for building information modeling based lean production management systems for construction. Automation in Construction , 19 (5). pp. 641-655. ISSN 0926-5805 doi: 10.1016/j.autcon.2010.02.010
- Dan-Asabe, D. and Radosavljevic, M. (2009) Do construction companies need to match employees' expectations? In: 25th Annual ARCOM Conference, 7-9 September, Nottingham, UK, pp. 1223-1232.
- Nishiyama, D. and Radosavljevic, M. (2009) Mathematical modelling of decision making processes in construction projects. In: 25th Annual ARCOM Conference, 7-9 September, Nottingham, UK, pp. 85-94.
- Sergeeva, N. and Radosavljevic, M. (2009) The influence of individual characteristics on employee creative participation. In: 25th Annual ARCOM Conference, 7-9 September 2009, Nottingham, UK, pp. 97-104.
- Ivanic, A., Lubej, S. and Radosavljevic, M. (2009) Bond improvement in cementitious mortars reinforced with continuous carbon filaments. In: 1st International Conference on Concrete Technology, Tabriz, Iran.
- Lubej, S., Ivanic, A. and Radosavljevic, M. (2009) Hardening of concrete with a planned delayed ettringite formation. In: 1st International Conference on Concrete Technology, Tabriz, Iran.
- Radosavljevic, M. (2008) Autopoiesis vs. social autopoiesis: critical evaluation and implications for understanding firms as autopoietic social systems. International Journal of General Systems, 37 (2). pp. 215-230. ISSN 1563-5104 doi: 10.1080/03081070701251018
- Radosavljevic, M. and Dan-Asabe, D. (2008) How could construction supply chain benefit from RFID/GPS integration: a knowledge management perspective. In: Lima, C. P. and Bauer, M. (eds.) Information and knowledge management: helping the practitioner in planning and building. Proceedings of the CIB W102 3rd International Conference 2007. Fraunhofer IRB Verlag, Germany, pp. 165-174. ISBN 9783816775560
- Radosavljevic, M. and Horner, R. M. W. (2007) Process planning methodology: dynamic short-term planning for off-site construction in Slovenia. Construction Management and Economics, 25 (2). pp. 143-156. ISSN 0144-6193 doi: 10.1080/01446190601026494
- Radosavljevic, M. (2007) General systems perspective on achieving continuous synergy in a project organisation. In: Construction Management and Economics 25th Anniversary Conference, 16-18 July 2007, University of Reading, UK.
- Radosavljevic, M. (2007) Promoting innovation and exceptional performance in the Scottish construction industry. In: 27th Conference on Entrepreneurship and Innovation, 21-22 March 2007, Maribor, Slovenia.
- Radosavljevic, M. (2006) The principles of ideactivity. In: Joint International Conference on Computing and Decision Making in Civil and Building Engineering 2006, Montreal, Canada.
- Cus-Babic, N., Rebolj, D., Magdic, A. and Radosavljevic, M. (2003) MC as a means for supporting information flow in construction processes. Concurrent Engineering: Research and Applications, 11 (1). pp. 37-46. ISSN 1063-293X doi: 10.1177/1063293X03011001004
- Radosavljević, M. and Horner, R. M. W. (2002) The evidence of complex variability in construction labour productivity. Construction Management and Economics, 20 (1). pp. 3-12. ISSN 1466-433X doi: 10.1080/01446190110098961
- Radosavljevic, M. (2001) Autopoietic organization of firm: an illustration for the construction industry. In: 17th Annual ARCOM Conference, 5-7 September 2001, Salford, UK, pp. 121-131.
- U.D.I.G. (equivalent to I. Class BSc) - Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Maribor
PhD (University of Dundee)
CEng (IZS Slovenia)
Qualified Accountancy Specialist (DOBA, Slovenia)
PGCert Academic Practice (University of Reading)