Open Day volunteers
The University of Reading Open Days attract thousands of prospective students who are looking to find out if Reading is the university for them. As a graduate you are in the perfect position to answer their questions, talk to them about your experience as a Reading student and promote the benefits of studying at the University of Reading. Prospective students and their parents really benefit from being able to hear first-hand about Reading as a place to live and study.
You may be asked:
- Why you chose to study at the University of Reading
- Your experience as a student at Reading
- How your degree prepared you for your career
- Your career journey since graduation
- Your advice for prospective students considering coming to study at Reading.
There is a great atmosphere on campus on these busy days – volunteering for an Open Day is a rewarding experience and offers a great opportunity to return to the University. No specialist knowledge is required – the role involves manning the Alumni Relations stand, welcoming people and talking about your experience at Reading.
We are looking for volunteers for the Alumni Relations stand for the following dates and times:
- Friday 16 June: 08:00 - 12:00; 12:00 - 16:00
- Saturday 17 June: 08:00 - 12:00; 12:00 - 16:00
- Saturday 30 September 08:00 - 12:00; 12:00 - 16:00
- Saturday 7 October 08:00 - 12:00; 12:00 - 16:00